Sunday, May 6, 2007

My Fortune Cookie

(NOTE: I began this blog April 16 on the yoga studio website, which is only open to members. I am transcribing my original posts here, and will jointly post future entries. This entry was posted April 19.)

Last night I had a date. As interesting as that might be, it is a story for another time and place. Suffice it to say, after a cocktail we went to Bright Food Shop (Eighth Avenue and 21st Street in Chelsea, NYC). After another great Bright dinner the check came, along with the fortune cookies.

My fortune cookie read, Balance is more than not falling down.

Balance is one of the many gifts that I have received through yoga. It is a focus of my training for the trek. It joins me in my yoga practice. It accompanies my days. It is how I seek to live my life. And, it will be a presence with me in the Himalayas.

Balance is more than not falling down.

No comments: