Sunday, August 12, 2007

When the Student is Ready

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

This Buddhist proverb is so true for me. I am not sure, yet, what I am ready for. At the same time, many teachers have appeared in my life in the last months. Today it is time to say, Thank you. Namaste.

Thank you. Namaste, to Aaron, my yoga teacher who has provided me with the spiritual guidance to find my way back to the path of my life. Thank you, also, for guiding the trek.

Thank you, Namaste, Paul, for walking with me as my step became sure and steady.

Thank you, Namaste, Michael, for your help in bringing this funky pizza called life into balance.

Thank you. Namaste, to the authors whose books have entered my path. Roger Housden, Thich Nhat Hanh, Swami Rama, Nando Parrado, your wisdom is beyond me, yet has helped to make me wiser.

Thank you. Namaste, to the students, the regents, and the staff of the Pont Foundation. Your commitment to, and belief in, a future of justice and social equity is an inspiration to what we can become. Thank you, also, for teaching me once again how blessed I am in this life.

Thank you. Namaste, to Mitchel, who patiently has guided me in my physical preparations for my trek.

Thank you, Namaste, Seth, for ensuring that I am mindful of the divine in each of us. Thank you, also, for my Buddha in blue jeans.

Thank you, Namaste, all my teachers, my families, my friends.

No comments: