Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Advice

Earlier this summer I had dinner with my good friends Susan and Sima. When I arrived Sima was already there, and we had a chance to talk before Susan arrived. One of the first questions she asked was, What do you have planned for after your return? She went on the explain that she and Susan always plan something for shortly after a major event; it is something that they find great pleasure in, so that they don’t have time to experience that post-event let-down.

My plans are far from clear, but it is good advice. I have begun thinking, what is my training goal after I return? I know I don’t want to just stop, and I know it will be difficult to maintain a regimen without a goal/objective. What is my next challenge? I don’t know; but, I do know to be open to recognizing it.

I really don’t have anything significant planned for after I return. It is definitely good advice. I just haven’t really figured it out yet. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: