Sunday, July 15, 2007

Random (?) Thoughts

In my first entry to the blog (Beginnings), I wrote about my Pilgrim’s Bible. This week, I took a trip to Atlanta. On the way down, I worked. On the way back, I read my Pilgrim’s Bible. This is excerpts from books that I have read that have particular meaning to me. I thought that today I would share some of what resonated with me at this point in my preparations, and my life.

If you utilize obstacles properly, then they strengthen your courage, and they also give you more intelligence, more wisdom. (His Holiness, the Dalai Lama)

Each day, write a few lines in your journal that you want to mediate on during the day. (Philip Cousineau)

Once you allow your own life to flow, you have the best chance of attracting the lover you should have. (Thomas Moore)

He saved his life by never risking it, and complained that he was misunderstood. (Dag Hammarskjöld)

The unveiling of the body is also the unveiling of the soul, because the body is the soul. To allow the body to be seen in its nakedness, to say nothing of being touched and embraced, is to show the soul in all its glory and complexity. But it isn’t always easy to be so thoroughly exposed. (Thomas Moore)

It is far too common and erroneous a misperception that artists make art because they see the world differently. I think this is backwards. They see the world differently because they are artists. (Brooks Jensen)

So live, then, that you may use what has been put into your hand. (Dag Hammarskjöld)

Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. (Kierkegaard)

Elvis (Presley) also taught me that the only lasting thing is what we do for others. (James Van Harper)

The purpose is to be in the present, and enjoy each step you make. (Tich Nhat Hanh)

No comments: